That’s right, the Robot Overlordz themselves, Mike Johnston and Matt Bolton, join us to bring about the friend timez.
We had a great time talking with our Robuddies and are now convinced we’ll be spared when the Overlordz conquer Earth. Right? Won’t we? Thanks in advance, Mike and Matt!
We get into a lot on this episode, but don’t worry, I got you on the links.
- Here’s the episode of Robot Overlordz that made Zach realize he’s famous: Conscientious Futures. Take that, all of our parents!
- The ownership conversation between Bros and Lordz begins at our very first episode. It continues in Robot Overlordz episode 211, #InternetFAIL; our episode 12, Brownership; and Mike’s blog post, Reflections on Ownership, Access, and Control. The dialogue is handsome and good, just like all of us. Also humble. Can’t forget humble.
- Here’s Kevin Kelly on Tim Ferriss’s podcast answering questions. Around the 30-minute mark he talks about writing as a tool for thinking.
- At Robot Overlordz and Singularity Bros, we’re all big fans of Kirby Ferguson and Cory Doctorow. Enjoy their artistic labors for free. They’re progressive like that.
- We get into it about privacy, surveillance and manipulation. If you want to know more about what we’re talking about, check out Robot Overlordz episode 228, #SurveillanceBarbie, and Radiolab’s episode The Trust Engineers.
- We didn’t mention her by name, but the woman whose life unraveled as the result of an ill-advised tweet is Justine Saco. Here’s Jon Ronson’s account of it.