Is Apple the champion of encryption and privacy, or are they just repairing their public image after the iCloud leaks and Snowden embarrassments? Or, both? We don’t know! On with the show!
- Apple vs. the guvmint. Here’s why you should care.
- The “father of online anonymity” has an idea that will either end the crypto wars or just make a nifty heist movie.
- New York City spends over $150K annually on each of its inmates. Even I, a dummy, could come up with a better plan. Just give each inmate half of that as a basic income and encourage them to get into MMORPGs. See, I did it.
- Facebook’s Free Basics program was shot down in India. Find out more about what it was in long, short, or humorous form.
- Uh, huh-what? For-real Superman crystals? Gimme.
- Discworld. It’s a mammoth series of books by Terry Pratchett. It starts with The Color of Magic. Oh, and don’t fall for those reading order guides being sold on Amazon. The order is here, for free.
- Twitch Plays Pokémon. The fun of Pokémon meets the agony of democracy.
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Spotlight. It’s a movie.
- Nexus. It’s a book, by Ramez Naam.
- Lauren Smiley. She’s a person, and an impressive writer and reporter. Check out her piece on Basic Income Bros.
- If you wanna revisit the Star Wars prequels, but you want to laugh instead of cry, let Mr. Plinkett be your guide. Check out his epic reviews and Phantom Menace commentary.
- Sam Harris answers your questions, assuming your questions are exactly the same ones as the one he answers. Of note: he supports basic income! Hooray!