We’re back, ready to crack this singularity thing. The discussion about educating the citizens of the future continues…uh-now.
Most of the notes for this episode belong in the Media Mentions section, but here are some odds and ends:
- What’s this about iodine and IQ, you ask? Here, I say.
- Here’s me in The Twilight Zone.
- Hilde Lysiak is impossibly wonderful. Or am I too scared and brainwashed to believe that she’s entirely possible? At least I didn’t get pwn3d, like her critics.
Alright, here we go with the media. Ready? Go:
- The BjjBrick Podcast
- The Tim Ferriss Show. Tom recommends the Tony Robbins episodes. Zach recommends the ones with Eric Weinstein and Seth Godin.
- Speaking of Seth Godin, do you want more? Did Zach pique your interest in this man? Then check out his TED talk. And his book of the same name, Stop Stealing Dreams (also in PDF). And though it wasn’t mentioned on the show, I also suggest you listen to his conversation with fellow S.Bro Socrates on Singularity 1on1.
- Savage Inequalities: Children in America’s Schools by Jonathan Kozol
- The Danish Girl
- The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan
- The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker
- The Professor in the Cage by Jonathan Gottschall
- Sapiens by Yuval Harari
But wait—there’s more! S.Bro Adam over at Control Sector sent us some slick shirts and sweaters. I dare say that, for the first time in my life, I’ve got something on fleek. Thanks, Adam! If you also want to have your style game on fleek, do it for 30% off by using the code “Bros” at checkout.