We’re forty! Now, a story.
One of my “duties” on this show is to title these episodes. Usually it just comes to me, since my brain is a finely tuned instrument of creativity, originality, goodness and bestness. This time, however, I was afflicted with titler’s block. I thought, “hey, I’m all about tech and automation. Let’s outsource this!” So I went to The Best Online Title Generator and typed in my keywords: bros, science, technology, future. These are the gifts I received in return:
|1||10 Unforgivable Sins Of bros science technology future|
|2||How To Start A Business With bros science technology future|
|3||To People That Want To Start bros science technology future But Are Affraid To Get Started|
|4||7 and a Half Very Simple Things You Can Do To Save bros science technology future|
|5||bros science technology future: The Samurai Way|
|6||Can You Pass The bros science technology future Test?|
|7||Beware The bros science technology future Scam|
|8||Who Else Wants To Be Successful With bros science technology future|
|9||5 Ways To Get Through To Your bros science technology future|
|10||The Number One Reason You Should (Do) bros science technology future|
|11||3 Ways Twitter Destroyed My bros science technology future Without Me Noticing|
|12||The Philosophy Of bros science technology future|
|13||How To Find The Right bros science technology future For Your Specific Product(Service).|
|14||How To Make Your bros science technology future Look Amazing In 5 Days|
|15||World Class Tools Make bros science technology future Push Button Easy|
|16||Ho To (Do) bros science technology future Without Leaving Your Office(House).|
Magnificent, no? Then I typed in “unforgivable” into an image search and got this great image of Jack Johnson, legendary boxer and subject of the documentary Unforgivable Blackness. It’s fitting, since I think of Jack Johnson as an honorary S.Bro. Also, the karate class I took at the YMCA 25 years ago makes us comparably tough. Now on with the show (notes)!
- The AI lawyer Ross will steal your job harder than Ross from Friends. (Is that what Ross did? I didn’t watch that show.)
- Reprise: ANZ Banking promises to make you Iron Man (at banking). That’s right, you’ll all be Iron Man (at banking)!
- Speaking of iron, manlike things, Hyundai makes mechs now.
- Here’s another manlike machine, but you won’t find yourself inside of it (unless you really piss it off).
- Watch a guy control his new arm with HIS MIND!
- Wendy’s will fire you and replace you with an iPad. Watch yo back.
- Wearing diapers on the job instead of taking bathroom breaks? Makes sense to me. How else do you find the time to handle 40 birds per minute?
- Here are the income ceilings for happiness, by state.
- Seth Godin on Singularity 1on1. Quite good.
- C.S. Lewis’s Space Trilogy: Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength
- The Professor in the Cage by Jonathan Gottschall
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Neal Stephenson picks, times two: the epic Anathem and the classic Snow Crash.
- One of the greatest Daredevil stories—by Frank Miller or anyone—Born Again. Miller’s early Daredevil work is also dope.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is impossibly funny. Very much like its spiritual precursor, 30 Rock. (Both on Netflix as well.)