Writer, educator and adult film star Conner Habib stops by the show to talk about sex, the future, the occult, superpowers and a hodgepodge of other things you probably don’t want your grandmother to hear (unless she’s rad). Check it.
IRL friend Conner Habib visits and drags us down some strange rabbit holes. In addition to performing in adult films, Conner writes and teaches about sex, writing and a host of other subjects. He’s also the Vice President of the Adult Performer Advocacy Committee. A renaissance man, if there ever was one. If you like what you hear and want more, check out his upcoming online seminar, Pornworld: Why Pornography Is a Healthy Part of Our Culture.
- Tumblr bans #Gay and similar tags because, the children, oh god, the children.
- In a confusing and frustrating move, France legalized prostitution and criminalized clients of prostitutes.
- Conner on Fourier’s Queer Theories.
- When the KKK saved (white) children from labor. This piece makes it sound like the move from labor to compulsory education was a good one. Since talking to Jeff Till, I’m not sure I agree anymore.
- I always appreciate a chance to plug Orange Street News, the newspaper started by an eight-year-old reporter who is more mature, capable and ambitious than I am. I swear that’s a meaningful compliment.
First, let me mention something. I’m going to divvy up the mentions by which mentioner mentions them. This way, you can figure out what we like and pick your favorite bro (spoilers: it’s not me).
- The Myth of Sex Addiction by David J. Ley
- Sex Outside the Lines by Chris Donaghue
- Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
- TechGnosis by Erik Davis
- Animism by Graham Harvey
- The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson
- A Bigger Splash
- Anti-Oedipus and A Thousand Plateaus by Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari
- Society of Spectacle by Guy Debord
- Ulysses by James Joyce
- Dark Lies the Island by Kevin Barry
- Happy Valley
- The Fall
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Get drunk with Tom: Dirty Monkey
- I Wear the Black Hat by Chuck Klosterman