Tom is back! Kneel before Tom.
Just us bros, being bros, fantasizing about breakfast and pretending it has something to do with the future. You know how we do.
- Vox calls breakfast out for what is often really is: dessert. Shut up, Vox, you fuckin buzzkills. Sorry, urite, urite.
- I haven’t tried them yet myself, but these bulletproof coffee drops seem like an easy way to prepare bulletproof coffee.
- We tackle questions 1 through 5 of these 20 science-oriented questions for the presidential candidates. Perfectly. Yeah boi.
- David Krakauer says a bunch of smart, awesome stuff on this episode of Sam Harris’s podcast. Among those things, he introduces the idea of the complementary and competitive cultural artifacts. Compared with using a word processor, taking notes by hand may be a complementary artifact in that it enhances your unaided capabilities (memory, in this case).
- Sam Harris strikes again, this time with philosophical phenom William MacAskill.
- Friend, supporter, and guest of the show, Jeff Till, responds to our basic income optimism. We hope to respond to Jeff more fully in the future, but our preliminary thoughts are voiced in this episode.
- So that Chinese milk story was a lot more complicated than I realized. It involves a preference for imported milk, which owes to a milk scare from 2008 or something. I dunno. But I think the basic point I made remains intact. If they made the milk cheap enough, people would buy it. Or they could give it away. But neither of those options would cut their losses as much as just pouring the milk out. The dynamics of the market sometimes yield repugnant outcomes.
- A nice little John Rawls primer.
- Charlie Rose talks to some AI experts. Stay off our turf, Charlie.
- “Algorithms can be more fair than human”
- Is mycoremediation the future? I bet Paul Stamets thinks so. Never heard of him? Watch a TED talk or two.
- Carl Sagan explores the library of Alexandria in COSMOS.
- “SpaceX explosion destroys Facebook satellite“
- “Here’s how solar roofs fit into Elon Musk’s master plan“
- “EmDrive Engine Can Theoretically Bring Us To Mars In 70 Days: What’s Next After Peer Review?“
- Fantasy Football
- Dove Sorbet Bars. I don’t think these can be downloaded. If you have a way, gimme dat.
- The Night Of