We dissect an interesting anti-UBI piece, then get on to business as usual. Also, I have a cold and a fever. Apologies for my voice. And face. And personality. And smell. (Sorry, Tom.)
- Tesla announces full self-driving hardware in all models in production. Yuge.
- A feel-good future figured by Forrester: robots will eliminate 6% of US jobs by 2021.
- Here it is, that “refutation” of the automation argument for basic income. What do you think of it?
- “Microsoft reaches ‘human parity’ with new speech recognition system”
- For more UBI goodness, check out these conversations (1 and 2) we had with Scott Santens.
- Trump voters make more than Clinton (and Bernie) voters.
- “Complaints Against Police Officers With Body Cameras Drop 93 Percent”
- “Unvaccinated Adults Cost the U.S. More than $7 Billion a Year”
- “World’s Largest Solar Project Would Generate Electricity 24 Hours a Day, Power 1 Million U.S. Homes”
- “In Scotland, gusts of wind usher in a quiet energy revolution”
- “This Robot Can Do More Push-Ups Because It Sweats”
- First, an all-host shoutout to the inimitable Origami Conspiracy, who recently bestowed on us this sick art. Thanks, bro!
- Our Mathematical Universe by Max Tegmark
- Anything by Brian Greene. Personal favorite: The Fabric of the Cosmos.