Legendary trainer Steve Maxwell is here. Nuff said.
Listen! as we just barely contain our man-crushes on Steve Maxwell. Steve is an icon in the worlds of strength training, body maintenance, grappling, and physical culture. His wisdom and workouts have helped little, old us move and feel better in our shitty, heretofore-neglected bodies. So get it on this mess, dear bro, if you dare.
- Good news! Forty percent of American women are obese. Thirty-five percent of men are. Two thirds of American adults are overweight or obese.
- Intrigued by Buteyko Breathing? This video seems like a good place to start experimenting.
- The “Mighty Men of Old”: Jack LaLanne. Helio Gracie. Shandor Remete. Nikolai Amosov. Paul Bragg. Clarence Bass. Richard Winett.
- Steve’s on the fasting train. For more on the benefits of going food-free, check out our conversations with Thomas Seyfried and Jesse Lawler.
- Weeds, and the scene that warmed our hearts. In the microwave. Not too hot.
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter
- “The Great A.I. Awakening”
Don’t read/watch/whatever these things. They aren’t worth your time.