Just Tom and Zach here, mentioning all the things, mostly Alex Jones.
What a mess these dudes made for me. OK Google, do the notes. It didn’t. Just checking.
- Hans Rosling of Gapminder passed away. RIP. We recommend you check out Gapminder and any of their excellent videos.
- Just learn all the stuff for free at edX already, why doncha?
- Jerry Falwell Jr. will head a task force to reform higher education. The theocratic infiltration of our government begins. Err, I mean, continues.
- Some Britons are arguing that unpaid internships are unfair, elitist, and should be banned.
- There are now twice as many jobs in solar as in coal. But don’t let’s get bogged down by facts, or boutique concerns like the environment.
- Plus, if we keep losing coal jobs, where will those workers get their black lungs?
- Never forget that Elon Musk is creating his own X-Men at his top secret school. Please spare us normies, Super Elon Team!
- It’s automation, not China, that’s taking our jobs.
- Is it cool to go to Mars with so many problems unsolved here on Earth? (I mean morally cool. It’s definitely cool cool.)
- Craig Venter gon make you live forever. Trust.
Media Mentions™ (half of which are wrong in the episode; shit is crap without me)
- Don’t Think Twice
- Supplements: curcumin, hydrolyzed collagen, fish oil, and mighty vitamin D!
- The oeuvre of Eminem
- Samurai Champloo
- Cowboy Bebop
- Rurouni Kenshin