Rick Searle is that dude, and he’s with us today. Yank that microchip out of your ear and boot us up.
- Rethinking Machine Ethics in the Age of Ubiquitous Technology by Jeffrey White and Rick Searle
- “The Cartography of the Future: Recovering Utopia for the 21st Century” (Foundational Questions Institute essay contest winner) by Rick Searle
- Bruce Sterling’s closing remarks from SXSW Interactive 2016
- “Overcome By Emotion” (via Radiolab)
- “The Importance of Feelings” (an interview with Antonio Damasio)
- That book of lies (or truths, I hope), Abundance, by Peter Diamandis
- When Zach mentioned GNR, he didn’t mean Guns N’ Roses. He meant GNR in the Kurzweilian sense: genetics, nanotechnology, and robotics.
- “Utopia Now!” by Rick Searle
- We hope that our civilization is, like Mr. Burns, indestructible.
- “Raging against the machine” by Rick Searle (on strongman leaders and other topics)
- “Places that saw more job loss to robots were less likely to support Hillary Clinton”
- “LOL, the Treasury Secretary Says Automation of Jobs Is ’50-100 More Years’ Away”
- “The robot that takes your job should pay taxes, says Bill Gates”
- “How Uber Uses Psychological Tricks to Push Its Drivers’ Buttons”
- Dan Pink’s TED Talk, “The Puzzle of Motivation”
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- (John Danaher’s) Algocracy and Transhumanism podcast. Might I (Scott) recommend the episode with Rick himself? Yes, I might.
- “A.I. Versus M.D.” by Siddhartha Mukherjee