The most prolific writer of all time, George Dvorsky returns to the show. Hell yeah.
- “Frog Slime Could Prevent the Next Pandemic” by George Dvorsky
- George’s take on Neuralink: “Elon Musk Is Wrong to Think He Can Save the World By Boosting Our Brains”
- “An Edible Vaccine For Wild Apes Could Revolutionize the Way We Fight Ebola” by George Dvorsky
- “Can technology help us put an end to animal experimentation?” by—you guessed it—George Dvorsky
- Sergio Canavero. He’s the neurosurgeon who claims he can reattach or newly attach heads to bodies. George has covered his work before—e.g. here and here—for which he received fan backlash. Yes, there are graphic images in these pieces, which some of you may find disturbing. But, as George points out quite rightly, his duty is to cover this story and others like it, regardless of whether they upset us.
- For those who hate sleeping well/too much: “Soviet Monkey-Human Sex Experiments Live On”
- “How to Survive the Next Catastrophic Pandemic” by—oh, yes—George Dvorsky
- Unlike our friend Brian Tomasik, George doesn’t think plankton are worthy of our concern. Gotta say I agree with him on that. However, I think large numbers of individual organisms might, taken together, cross the threshold of our concern. Oh, great: ethics just got even more complicated.
- Smarter Than Us by Stuart Armstrong
- Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom
- The Last Lion Box Set: Winston Spencer Churchill, 1874 – 1965 by William Manchester
- Tell All Your Friends by Taking Back Sunday
- Through Being Cool by Saves The Day
- I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love by My Chemical Romance
- Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance
- Six Feet Under
- The (slightly less) new Dave Chappelle Netflix specials.