Amazon is taking over; so what? Plus: thoughts on power drills.
Look, drills are technology. So they are fair game for this podcast. Also, according to some jerks, nearly everything is technology. So everything is fair game. Thanks, jerks. Take that, other jerks.
- When we refer to “the minimalists,” we mean the guys from the movie Minimalism (which was okay).
- Now Steve Maxwell, that dude is a pretty hardcore minimalist. See what’s in his bag.
- For more on Accessing and the other inevitable trends of the near future, check out Kevin Kelly’s The Inevitable, in stores now (also before). Also check out Kevin on Robot Overlordz, where Accessing goes head-to-head with Owning.
- “Amazon Is Trying to Control the Underlying Infrastructure of Our Economy”
- “Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace” (the other, older hit piece)
- “McDonald’s hits all-time high as Wall Street cheers replacement of cashiers with kiosks”
- “Gala2017: Jeff Bezos Fireside Chat”
- “Uber’s plans for aviation on demand”
- Futurama (the birth of commentary)