It’s the return of Lightning Round™. Get indoors and cozy for this one.
- “CGI and AI are going to turbocharge ‘fake news’ and make it far harder to tell what’s real”
- “New, reusable [nanotube] filter cleans heavy metals from water”
- “How farming giant seaweed can feed fish and fix the climate”
- “Climate change no problem, says futurist Ray Kurzweil”
- “Silicon Valley billionaire Stewart Butterfield voices support for universal basic income”
- Keith Ellison is for UBI!
- TEDx: “If You Want to Help Me, Prescribe Me Money”
- “Artificial Intelligence Is Likely to Make a Career in Finance, Medicine or Law a Lot Less Lucrative”
- “United Nations Human Rights discusses Universal Basic Income”
- If you haven’t yet, peep the unstoppable Twitter game of Scott Santens.
- “Wyoming embraces wind energy, and the jobs that come with it”
- In our remarks about automation, I think we confused the following pieces:
- “Report Suggests Nearly Half of U.S. Jobs Are Vulnerable to Computerization” (based on the Oxford Martin report)
- “Robots will eliminate 6% of all US jobs by 2021, report says” (based on the Forrester report)
- “Smart robots could soon steal your job” (based on the Bank of America report)
- Sam Harris’s latest chat with Douglas Murray: “Identity & Terror”
- “MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD causes long-lasting changes in personality, study finds”
- DMT: The Spirit Molecule
- “Happiness is Love — and $75,000”
- “Plants ‘hijacked’ to make polio vaccine”
- “Scientists Found a Way to Stop Aging in Human Cells”
- “Scientists developed a new surgical technique to reconnect sensory neurons to the spinal cord after traumatic spinal injuries…”
- “First implants derived from stem cells to ‘cure’ type 1 diabetes”
- “SpaceX lands another one of its Falcon 9 rockets on solid ground”
- “OpenAI bot beat best DOTA 2 players in 1v1 at The International 2017”
- It’s always worth checking out the latest creation from Boston Dynamics.
- Rick and Morty (forever)
- Jon Haidt stuff: